Most Useful Google Apps for Android
Google Play Newsstand :
- Play Newsstand combines Play Magazines and Google Currents into a single app.
- Free and paid news, plus magazine subscriptions all in one place.
- Your Google Currents subscriptions will automatically transfer into Play Newsstand.
- Read Now surfaces the most interesting stuff. The more you read, the better it gets.
- Follow topic tags to discover related stories and new sources.
- New offline features minimise data and battery usage.
- Skim through public transport directions to see upcoming steps and transfers in your route
- Add your home and work locations for at-a-glance commute information before you leave
- Explore new places, discover local favourites and navigate your world with Google Maps. Available on Android phones and tablets with a simple, easy-to-use design.
- Arrive where you need to go quickly with voice-guided turn-by-turn GPS navigation, or try public transport, cycling and walking directions
- Find the perfect spot for any occasion with local reviews from trusted friends and experts
- Tour cities with stunning, 360-degree Street View and see inside restaurants, museums and more
- Sign in to save favourite locations, get tailored recommendations and access past searches across devices.
Google Voice Searc:
Quickly search your phone, the web, and nearby locations by speaking, instead of typing. Call your contacts, get directions, and control your phone with Voice Actions. Note: Voice Actions is only available in US English for now.
• Speak, type, write or take a picture to translate
• Translate offline while travelling. No internet connection needed. • Save your translations and access from any device (Camera input and offline translation are available for Android 2.3 and above)
Translations between the following languages are supported: Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Khmer, Korean, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, Yiddish.